Jan 22, 2011

Matching Shapes to Words!

I had this idea came from " A Little Learning for Two" at one of the weekend morning.When Dan was woke up with still everything unplan for the day ahead so immediately without second thought, i got him to pull out his little table and chair and I get ready the 'tools" that needed.

However before the activity started, I had the wordings all printed out and cut.After getting all materials ready on the table, i had the outline traced out by getting Dan to help to stabalize the shapes that i used from the shape sorter.

First, I got Dan to read after me by pointing at the words. After some reading, i got him to read out the word of each shape and follow by putting the actual shape to the outline drawed earlier on. In this context, he learned not only shapes but reading to recognise new words. I love to watch at him when he is focusing at some serious stuffs...